T25 – Week 1 Results

T25 logo
I worked out every day for a minimum of 25 minutes for the first two months of the year. But I found myself more focused on my “streak” than on the quality of my workouts.

So I decided to end the streak, start Shaun T’s Focus T25, and focus on quality over quantity. I’ll still be working out a minimum of five days a week, but I’m more focused on improving the condition of my body than on being able to say that I worked out every day this year.

Don’t get me wrong. The streak was instrumental in establishing my workout habit. Some days I moved my body for 25 minutes simply because I didn’t want to end the streak. But it’s time to graduate to the next level. Enter Focus T25.

Alpha Phase

The basic program is 10 weeks, broken into two phases. The Alpha phase gets you conditioned for the Beta phase. The Alpha phase introduces you to the moves and prepares you for the intensity of the Beta phase. Each workout is 25 minutes long, and on Fridays, you double up.  There’s an optional Gamma phase, which of course I plan to complete.  I’ll post progress photos after each phase. I’ll share my goals for the program in another post.

Workouts this week

Day Workout Calories Burned Notes
Monday Cardio 281 Barely made it. Having established a workout habit and improved my stamina, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I might have been a little overly optimistic about my ability to keep up. I got worked!
Tuesday Speed 1.0 280 Barely made it. Having re-set my expectations, I fully expected to get my butt kicked, which I did.
Wednesday Total Body Circuit 316 Barely made it. About half way through, I thought I was really hanging tough. Then the burnout phase came, which seemed to be never-ending.
Thursday Walking 226 My sleep was interrupted (woke up in a panic because I forgot to call in for jury duty). Never got up for my workout. Went for a two mile walk on my lunch break instead.
Friday Ab Intervals 231 Barely made it. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to attempt the exercises. Having had two uterine surgeries that completely cut through my lower abdominal muscles, my core is really week and challenging to work. But the moves are progressive, and I think I can grow into them.
Saturday Lower Focus & Cardio 492 Barely made it. I barely made it through the first workout, then had to do the modified version through the entire second workout. My entire body felt like spaghetti.
Sunday Hiking 673 It was gorgeous in Los Angeles. There were a bunch of people out enjoying Runyon Canyon. Such a great hike. I was completely spent when I finished.

Week 1 results

Day 0
2 March
Week 1
9 March
Weight 167.2 165.6
Body Fat 36% 35.5%
Muscle 31.3% 31.5%

Bring on week 2!

Posted in: Fitness

About the Author:

Post a Comment